So I continue to see doom and gloom in the news. The world is ending. Say goodbye to your loved ones………………Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. Our biggest problem, as I see it, is we continue to seek ways in which to differentiate ourselves from each other. Nowhere else, as much as here in America. We use race, gender, religion, political party, state, income, you name it, to make us stand apart from each other. So instead of looking for solutions we seem to look for problems.
I went to school originally to teach history. And history has told me that since we began this experiment known as humanity, we have been in the last days. Meaning, that our earliest records seem to indicate that we live in impending doom. So instead of dwelling on what is wrong, how the world will end and how terrible everyone and everything is. I wanted to encourage some positive thinking.
Below I am going to include my resume for entry in to humanity. I am asking anyone who reads this to
A. Share it with someone else.
B. Write your own human resume
C. Tag me or send me a link so I can read your resume.
To: Humanity at Large
Name: Dan Gourley
3rd Rock from the Sun. Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy , Virgo Super Cluster
Objective: Seeking relative happiness with the freedom to pursue a better life for me, my family and my fellow humans.
School of Hard Knocks
- Course Work In Life
- Course Work In: Death
- Continuing Education In: Compassion
- Masters in Humility
Human Being 1979-Present
- Participated in the basic human condition for nearly 4 decades
- Major expertise in heart ache, sorrow and loss.
- Minor experience in charity and compassion
- Developed general sense of self awareness
- Developing ability to think for myself
- 2014-Present Coach, Clover Recreational Soccer Renegades Soccer
- 2014-Present Volunteer, Rideability Therapeutic Riding Center Rideability
- 2014-Present Coach, NC Special Olympics, Equestrian Division NC Special Olympics
- 2014-Present Volunteer, SC Special Olympics SC Special Olympics
- 2015-Present Director, Play On Clover, Charitable Movement Play On Clover
Dear Hiring Manager,
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume. Though my experience is limited, I believe you will find that I am more than willing to work with your organization in the hopes of a better tomorrow. I am currently attending the School of Hard Knocks, and will be for the foreseeable future. I have taken active training in compassion, acceptance, forgiveness, kindness and charity. I was issued a passing grade but I am seeking a master level understanding in order to better serve humanity.
I hope that you after reviewing my qualifications, you will see the mutual benefit in our continued relationship. Please fee free to contact me with any questions or to arrange a more in-depth interview.